Topic: Experts Needed 1932 Ford Model B Woodie with a V8


Hickman3D    -- 08-06-2026 @ 2:51 PM
  Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and was hoping to get some insight from the experts here regarding a 1932 Ford Model B Woodie chassis number B5094286 that I’ve been asked to help sell.

The car is absolutely beautiful, and I’m excited to share it with such a knowledgeable and passionate community. Cars like this are part of what makes the early Ford V8 hobby so special, and I appreciate the opportunity to learn from those who have spent years preserving and enjoying these incredible vehicles.

The car has a Model B serial number, but it currently has a V8 engine and a Model 18-style engine-turned dash. I’m trying to determine whether this is a car that was restored with these components added over the years, or if there is any possibility it could have originally been built this way.

I know the carburetor is not correct for the engine, and the current owner added an electric fuel pump to improve reliability. The car is driven regularly and has been set up as a dependable driver rather than a strict concours restoration.

It is a fantastic-running car with a lot of character, and it will eventually be offered for sale on Bring a Trailer. Before listing it, I wanted to reach out to the V8 Club community and see if anyone can provide insight into the history, originality, or possibilities with a 1932 Model B Woodie running a V8.

Any thoughts or expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and I look forward to sharing this beautiful car with such a wonderful community.



This message was edited by Hickman3D on 8-6-26 @ 2:55 PM


Rockfla    -- 09-28-2026 @ 5:08 AM
  There is NO possible way that a frame stamped for a 4cyl B- engine log number would have a V8 engine installed from the factory. The engine log number B-5094286 "should" also be stamped on the transmission bell housing which if you remove the upper part of the floorboard you will find it does not. SO, to answer your question, someone converted this car to a Flathead V8. Hard to tell from the pictures you have posted IF it is in fact a 1932 (one year only) flathead OR a 1933-1936 21 stud flathead V8? The fuel pump/filter bowl pump is NOT correct for 1932, you will ALSO find that the 32 intake manifold on the car was "modified" (very unfortunate) to make this pump function in that the "boss" in front of the fill tube/fuel pump mount has been broken/busted off on the back rim for clearance for this type of pump.

This message was edited by Rockfla on 9-28-26 @ 5:11 AM


EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=18212