| 39FORDPU | -- 09-11-2026 @ 6:50 AM |
|
I have a 1939 Ford pickup that I`ve had for forty years, recently it`s been starting harder and running rough, I`m pretty sure the carb is the problem. I think it`s the original , what carb should be on there. it`s a V8 Thank you for any input.
|
|
| carcrazy | -- 09-11-2026 @ 7:59 AM |
|
One rule of thumb for dealing with starting or running problems with a spark ignition system vehicle, is to start troubleshooting with the ignition system. Nine times out of ten the problem lies with the ignition system.
|
|
| 39FORDPU | -- 09-11-2026 @ 3:51 PM |
|
Thank you, I`ll look into it.
|
|
| 40 Coupe | -- 09-28-2026 @ 4:25 AM |
|
V8 60 or 85 HP?? The 85 used the same Carb. as the car you can find a good detailed description in the 38-39 restoration book. The top casting has an oval hole for the float bowl vent and does not use the steel vent pipe in the venturi as later cars do. Ford considered the PU as a commercial vehicle and not a truck.
|
|
| ford38v8 | -- 09-28-2026 @ 9:32 AM |
|
The correct carburetor for your pickup is a Ford 94 model 91-99, or a Chandler Grove 94 Model 91-99. Alan
|
|
| EFV-8 Club Forum : | https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum |
| Topic: | https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=18260 |